Annmarie Nicely, PhD
Learning and performance in hospitality businesses and tourism communities
Dr. Nicely is Assistant Professor in the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Purdue University teaching Feasibility Studies and Business Development in Hospitality and Tourism. Prior to joining the team at Purdue, she taught a range of hotel, restaurant and human resource management and development courses at the University of Technology, Jamaica (UTECH). Throughout her professional career she managed a small uptown jerk restaurant in Kingston, Peppers and worked in the rooms division at the Wyndham New Kingston Hotel, both in Jamaica. She also interned at major hotels in Negril, Jamaica; Nassau, Bahamas as well as in Washington, D.C. and in Aventura, Florida, in the U.S.A.
Dr. Nicely served on a number of boards and committees such as the Institutional Review Board at OSU, the College of Business Board at UTECH and the Certification and Assessment Committee at National Agency for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NCTVET), Jamaica. She also served on and led accreditation teams on behalf of NCTVET, the Jamaican government body responsible for accrediting technical and vocational institutions across Jamaica. Since 2006, Dr. Nicely has been a frequent contributor to Jamaica’s leading newspaper supplement, the Daily Gleaner’s Hospitality Jamaica writing on a range of food, hotel and human resource issues affecting the industry.
She is the recipient of numerous academic awards one of which was the Fulbright Award in 1996. Dr. Nicely’s primary research interest is learning and performance in hospitality businesses. However, her other research interests include: Caribbean gastronomy, in particular Jamaican gastronomy, and rural tourism development.
- PhD, Human Environmental Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- MSc, Hotel and Foodservice Management, Florida International University, North Miami, Florida
- BSc, Hotel Management, University of the West Indies, Mona, St. Andrew, Jamaica
- HTM181 - Lodging Management
- HTM381- Lodging Management II (Revenue Management)
- HTM312 - Human Resources Management for the Service Industries
- HTM499 - Feasibility Studies and Business Development in Hospitality and Tourism
- HTM602 - Research Methods
Refereed Journal Articles
Day, J., Karani, A., Adler, H., Nicely, A. (In Print). Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and college recruiting in the hospitality industry. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism.
Slevitch, L. & Nicely, A. (2012). A case of student-worker retention in on-campus hotels: An interpretative inquiry. Journal of Travel and Tourism Research.
Nicely, A., Palakurthi, R. & Gooden, A.D. (2011). Behaviors linked to hotel managers' work-related learning levels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 23 (6)
Nicely, A. & Palakurthi, R. (2011). Navigating through the tourism options: An island perspective. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research. 5 (2)
- Wilson-Redden, C. & Nicely, A. (2005). The perception of students, faculty and hotel managers on the relevance of the University of Technology, Jamaica's hotel management (undergraduate) degree program. Journal of Arts, Science & Technology. 2, 35-51.
- Zhou, Y., Nicely, A. & Miao, L. (2013). The influence of hotel manager asymmetric behaviors toward customers versus employees over front desk employee emotion. Washington, US
- Gordon, S., Adler, H. & Nicely, A. (2013). A day in the life of a select-service general manager. Graduate Education and Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality and Tourism. Washington, US
- Nicely, A., Sydnor, S. and Johnson, C. (2012). Cultural dichotomies and rural tourism development: The case of St. Thomas, Jamaica. 8th International Conference on Tourism. Athens, Greece.
- Nicely, A. & Njite, D. (2012). Organizational size and learning: Unique insights for hotel managers, Hawaii International Conference on Business, Hawaii, USA
- Rigg, J., Adler, H. & Nicely, A. (2011). Perceptions of employee engagement in Jamaican hotels: An employee-manager comparison, Krannert Executive Conference for Human Resources Professionals, West Lafayette, IN
- Nicely, A. & Njite, D. (2011). The effect of location on hotel manager work-related learning: an island destination perspective. Paper submitted to the Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management (AHTMM) Conference. Istanbul, Turkey
- Nicely, A. & Palakurthi, R. (2009). Developing a strong rural tourism product: The case of St. Thomas, Jamaica. Council for Australian University Tourism & Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) 2009 Conference. Fremantle, Western Australia.
- Gardner, M. & Nicely, A. (2008). Jamaican ethnic restaurants in America: a historical perspective. Southwest Texas Popular Culture Association (PCA)/ American Culture Association (ACA) Conference. Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Nicely, A. & Qu, Hailin (2006). Designing a master's program in hospitality management: preparing leaders for the 21st century & beyond. In the 24th Oklahoma State Annual Research Symposium. Stillwater, Oklahoma
Nicely, A. (January 6, 2010). How to give visitors a taste of Jamaica. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (April 1, 2009). Is a hospitality management degree necessary for industry? The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (December 24, 2008). Overhauling the industry's human resources from both angles. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (October 1, 2008). Tourism, a strategy for poverty alleviation? Not in Jamaica. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (April 23, 2008). Small hotels must be rated. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (March 19, 2008). The principle of "show and sell". The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (November 28, 2007). "It should begin to smell a lot like Christmas". The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (August 29, 2007). From the poor man's table to haute status: The true story about bully beef and Jamaica. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (June 13, 2007). Saying "no" to customers, good for business? The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (May 2, 2007). More money, more work. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (April 18, 2007). Outwitting overeaters. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (April 5, 2007). The national gastronomic identity (Part 3): The organization of the local restaurant industry. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (March 21, 2007). A national gastronomic identity (Part 2): Establishing own foodservice style. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (February 7, 2007). A national gastronomic identity: Refining Jamaica's gourmet cuisine. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (October 4, 2006). Music, food great combination. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (September 20, 2006). The inadequacy of foreign language training in hospitality programmes. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Nicely, A. (August 23, 2006). Foreign-language training critical to the industry. The Daily Gleaner: Hospitality Jamaica
Honors and Awards
- St. Thomas Credit Union Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, 2011
- Most Outstanding Teaching Assistant, Third Place, Oklahoma State University, 2009
- Most Outstanding Graduate Student for the School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration, Oklahoma State University, 2009
- Phi Beta Delta Honor Society International Scholarship Recipient, Oklahoma State University, 2009
- Regina Henry International Student Scholarship Recipient, 2008
- The School of Hotel & Restaurant Administration Nominee for the Most Outstanding College of Human Environmental Sciences Doctoral Student Award, Oklahoma State University, 2008/2009
- Karl and Louise Wolf Fellowship Recipient for Outstanding Achievement, Oklahoma State University, 2007
- Best Research Presentation - Social Sciences, OSU Research Symposium, 2006
- Fulbright / LASPAU Scholar, 1996-1998
- SOL, Society of Organizational Learning
Other Professional Activities
Editorial board member for the journal:
- Journal of Business and Hotel Management
Reviewer for the following conferences:
- 2012 and 2013 Hospitality Graduate Conference
- 2009 Council for Australian University Tourism & Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) Conference
Ad hoc reviewer for the following journals:
- International Journal of Hospitality Management
- Tourism Management Journal
- Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism
- International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management