Honors Program - Information for Peer-Mentors
Peer mentors are upperclass students often in the same major as the Freshman Honors Students. They are chosen by the School of Health Sciences Honors Program Coordinator and Academic Advisors on the basis of their superior academic performance, and their service and leadership activities at Purdue University.
Project Expectations of Peer-Mentors
- Contact your student before classes start, if possible.
- Meet your student the first week of classes.
- Help your student get acclimated to college.
- Be a friend to your student throughout the year. Get together for dinner, a movie, sports event, etc.
- Encourage your student to become involved in an HSCI Club and other Purdue activities. If possible, attend these activities with your student.