Honors Program - Information for Faculty
Project Expectations of Faculty Mentors
- Encourage and challenge the students.
- Remember that the student, although very accomplished, is still a college student with considerable time demands. Be supportive.
- Spend quality time with the student on a regular and established basis.
- Remember that the student may change his/her mind about a particular area and may need help and direction with this change.
- Be realistic about the amount of time it will take for your student to accomplish the established goals. 3-4 hours per week is a reasonable amount of time for the student to spend on the project.
- Allow yourself to be as creative as you like in making this a valuable experience for you and the student.
- If possible, communicate explicit (e.g., written) expectations and deadlines to the student.
- Please seek the assistance of the coordinator if any problems arise.
- Please provide feedback to the coordinator on potential improvements to the program.