Welcome to Health and Kinesiology Healthy Ideas in Motion
Purdue University's Department of Health and Kinesiology is committed to the university's vision through creation of new knowledge through research and study in various disciplines centering on well-being, as well as the preparation of health and physical activity professionals. Equally, through various engagement programs and field experiences, students gain real world experience in the promotion of health and physical activity.
We recognize our obligation to maintain a spirit of community, support depth and breadth of scholarly interests and diversity of ideas, and foster cooperative efforts in scholarship, teaching, and service. It recognizes its obligation to contribute to society and the quality of life relative to its responsibilities and commitments. We hope this brief overview leads to further exploration of our web site. Please get to know our programs, faculty, staff, and our students on this site. We look forward to hearing from you if you need further information.
- Dr. Laura Claxton was recently promoted to Associate Professor
- Congratulations to HK's Randy Black, Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from The National Association of Peer Program Professionals (NAPPP).
- Congratulations to HK Grad Student Lindley McDavid winner of the outstanding student paper award for NASPSPA (North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity) in the sport and exercise psychology area.
- PETE's PALs program has shaped both lives of participants and volunteers
- HK Professor, Thomas Templin, has been inducted into Purdue's Book of Great Teachers.
- Pete's PALS has been selected to receive a 2013 Tony and Mary Hulman Health Achievement Award from the Indiana Public Health Association in the area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health.