HHS Shining Star Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize A/P, clerical and service staff who demonstrates outstanding customer service, initiative, dependability and a positive attitude in the College of Health and Human Sciences and the University. Up to two (2) awards per month will be given from September through May.
- Full or part time A/P, clerical or service staff member.
- Employed for 24 consecutive months or longer in the College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Has not received the award within the past 24 months.
Criteria for Selection
- Demonstrates initiative within the Department/Purdue.
- Promotes a welcoming and positive environment for all internal and external customers.
- Consistently performs assigned duties at an exceptional level, goes above and beyond the normal expectations and volunteers for additional assignments.
- Maintains a professional manner and serves as a role model for other staff.
- Has a positive attitude even under the most difficult of circumstances.
Candidates may be nominated by any faculty or staff member in the College of Health and Human Sciences. The nomination form can be found here.
Awardee will receive an acrylic star and a $100 gift certificate of their choice.
Members of the selection committee will be comprised of three (3) members from the HHS Professional Recognition Program Committee and one (1) member designated by the Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences. The selection committee will serve a one (1) year term starting on October 1.
HHS Professional Recognition Program Committee Members
Rita Hipps (HDFS)
Karen Walker (HSCI)
Sue Phebus (PSY)
Jill Rhodes (CSR)
Lisa Duncan (HK)
Deborah Pullen (NUTR)
Ayrielle Davis (HTM)
Michele Baker (HHS Extension)
- Vicki Black, Graduate Secretary for Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (2014)
Questions? Contact Michele Baker, HHS Extension, MTHW 110, (765) 494-8252, firstname.lastname@example.org