HHS Staff Engagement Award
Staff members in the College of Health and Human Sciences who have not received this award within the past five years are eligible.
Criteria for Selection
- Excellence in innovation and demonstrated impact of the engagement activities created and/or implemented.
- The engagement activity should be consistent with HHS strategic engagement goals.
- Candidates may be nominated by any faculty or staff member in the College of Health and Human Sciences or any external organization impacted by the nominee’s engagement activity. Nominations should focus on accomplishments in the past academic year with respect to engagement.
- Documentation must not exceed two pages for the nomination (12 pt. font, 1-inch margins). The nomination should include:
- A description of how the staff member’s engagement activity addressed a matter affecting the health, behavior, and quality of life of people.
- Documentation of scholarly and/or community service activities related to engagement (i.e., presentations, publications, funding garnered, patents, new courses and programs developed, volunteer commitments).
- Maximum of two letters of support, not longer than one page each, with one from an external source that has been impacted and one from a Purdue faculty/staff member.
- In addition to the documents listed above, please submit a complete resume.
- The nomination period for 2013-2014 is now closed. The next nomination cycle will open during the Fall 2014 semester.
The staff awardee will receive a certificate and $500 (before taxes).
The selection committee will be comprised of two HHS faculty members, one HHS staff member, and the Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences or designee.
- Kathy Broniarczyk, Director of Outreach for Military Family Research Institute (2014)