Understanding Military Kids Webinars
connect with your county educator about this program
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?If you are an educator or child care professional, your work may bring you into contact with military children. (You might not even realize it! Do you ask?) Ever wonder about the special challenges those children and families might be facing? Or how things might look a little differently through their eyes? How you might get the most out of your interactions with them?
Introducing a new series of webinars sponsored by Purdue Extension, Operation: Military Kids and the Military Family Research Institute. Each 90-minute session will feature a presentation on a specific topic or aspect of dealing with children in military families, and conclude with a question-and-answer session during which you can interact directly with the presenters.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITSThe series is an excellent way for child care providers to obtain staff development contact hours required for licensing and the Paths to Quality™ child care rating system. A certificate of completion will be provided for each participant upon completing each session and the evaluation form related to it. A continuing education credit (CEU) from Purdue University is available upon completion of the entire series for a nominal fee ($15).
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
- Kathy Broniarczyk – Director of Outreach for the Military Family Research Institute at Purdue University
- Christy Flynn – Outreach Specialist at the Military Family Research Institute at Purdue University
- Dr. Karen Petty – Interim Chair and Professor of Child Development, Department of Family Sciences at Texas Woman’s University
- Ryan Wynkoop – Indiana’s State Coordinator for Operation Military Kids
- Dreama Plybon (Dee) Love – Human Development Extension Specialist, Department of Human Development and Family Studies at Purdue University.