Have a Healthy Baby Program
connect with your county educator about this program
- Balance diet and an active lifestyle during pregnancy
- Consequences of smoking, drinking, and drugs
- Focus on achieving a healthy amount of weight to help protect the health of the baby
- Protect themselves from food-borne illnesses during pregnancy
- Understand the best methods for feeding the baby
How We Have HelpedSince program initiation:
- "I have really been focusing on what I eat. I no longer sit in the house all day, now I try to walk around."
- "I eat better foods, exercise more and I have changed my mind and now plan to breastfeed my baby."
- "I have quit smoking. I began eating more fruits. I drink more milk."
- "I have decided to breastfeed and to select different types of food by groups."
- "I eat more fruit and vegetables. I have decreased my fast food visits. I walk more."
- "I put my meals together so I can get food from all the groups."