Financial Counseling and Planning
Do you enjoy math but want to do more than crunch numbers for a career? In financial counseling and planning, you'll learn how to combine your financial aptitude with communication skills to help others achieve financial security. The program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board, and successful completion of the program satisfies the education component of the CFP certification process.
- Bank trust officer
- Benefits administrator
- Financial aid director
- Financial counselor
- Financial planner
- Insurance representative
- Loan officer
- Take courses in computer labs using the latest industry software and technology.
- Complete an internship in a variety of settings including investment and brokerage firms, insurance agencies, banks, financial planning firms, or credit counseling offices.
- Compete in the American Express Financial Planning Invitational, a national collegiate competition for financial counseling and planning students.
- Participate in the Purdue Collegiate Financial Planning Club to gain insight in the industry and participate in community service learning projects.
- Consumer behavior
- Consumer investment
- Employee benefits
- Federal Tax law
- Personal finance
- Retirement planning
- Risk management
- Complete list of CSR courses and descriptions