Apparel Design and Technology
Turn your talent for art and design into a career in the exciting world of fashion. Learn the business, manufacturing, and design aspects of the fashion industry while building a professional portfolio. Supplement your plan of study by applying to attend a program abroad or the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City during your junior year. These courses may be applied to degree requirements at Purdue, and the FIT program leads to an Associate in Applied Science degree upon satisfactory completion.
- Apparel designer
- CAD systems manager
- Fashion illustrator
- Freelance designer
- Quality assurance specialist
- Showcase your designs in the annual Spring Fashion Show, an event produced by apparel design and technology students and the Purdue Fashion Association.
- Gain insight into your chosen profession during a field experience at an approved apparel production firm, with a designer, museum, theatre, or in an entertainment media firm.
- Learn the latest industry software for CAD and other related applications.
- Participate in the department's International Fashion and Retailing study abroad tour and visit European design houses, manufacturers, and retailers. Or, choose the semester or summer-based fashion study abroad programs available to Purdue students in London, Florence, or Hong Kong.
- Art and design
- Business communication
- Computer-aided design for apparel
- Computer technology
- Consumer behavior
- Customer relations management
- E-Commerce& Retailing
- Fashion illustration
- History of fashion and historic costume
- Pattern design
- Textile science
- Merchandise buying
- Retail management
- Visual Merchandising
- Complete list of CSR courses and descriptions