Selling and Sales Management
The Sales Education Foundation ranks Selling and Sales Management among the Top Sales Programs in the United States. Professional selling is one of the fastest growing segments in business, creating a strong demand for technically sophisticated professional sales experts. You'll develop strong skills in professional selling, marketing, business, customer relations, consumer behavior, and communications.
- Account Manager
- Account Representative
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Entrepreneur, business owner
- Inside or Outside Sales Coordinator
- Global Sales Manager
- Marketing Director or Manager
- Technical Recruiter
- Sales Director or Manager
In many corporations, selling is the first step up the ladder to middle-and upper-level management.
- Gain real-world experience through required internships or field experiences.
- Shadow a salesperson for a day and role-play sales presentations in a classroom setting.
- Engage in sales competitions with industry partners through the Center for Professional Selling.
- Become active in professional selling activities on a national level by joining Purdue's chapter of Pi Sigma Epsilon, a national fraternity for sales and marketing management.
- Relationship Selling
- Consumer Behavior
- Customer Relations Management
- Sales Management
- Complete list of CSR courses and descriptions
Virtual Tour of Consumer Science
Take a virtual tour of the Department of Consumer Science!
Sample Degree Requirements
How do I switch my major?
If you are interested in switching your major to Selling and Sales Management, please visit the Change of Degree Objective (CODO) page to learn more about the process to enter the College of Health & Human Sciences.
How do I transfer to Purdue?
If you are interested in transferring to Selling and Sales Management from another college or university, please visit the Future Transfer Students page to learn more about the steps needed to finish your degree at Purdue University.