Dr. Lala Acharya has been at the forefront of creating service learning as an essential component of teaching. There is a wonderful profile of what he has been doing in the most recent edition of the Purdue Journal of Service Learning and International Engagement.
- Dr. Richard Feinberg, Professor and Interim Department Head of CSR, predicts a very happy and lucrative holiday season in central Indiana this year! Cheers to a successful 4th quarter everyone!
- Dana Smith, double majoring in Math and Apparel Design & Technology, will be honored as one of the highest academic-achieving graduating seniors during commencement ceremonies May 13-15.
- Professor Jonathan Bauchet is featured in WalletHub's recent piece about 2016's best and worst cities at money management. You can find the piece here: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-at-money-management/19256/#jonathan-j-bauchet.
- The CSR departmenal awards are given to graduating seniors in each major who have deomonstrated an oustanding level of academic, professional and personal accomplishment. Selection is based on a record of sound scholarship, demonstration of leadership and potential for achievement within their chosen professions. The winners of this years awards are as follows:
- Dana Smith, Apparel Design & Technology
- Paige Weber, Financial Counseling & Planning
- Sarah Miramontes, Retail Management
- Vibha Gunjal, Selling and Sales Management
- Christy Joehl, Outstanding senior in CSR department
- CSR 103, Introduction to Personal Finance, Assistant Professor Jonathon Bauchet and Continuing Lecturer Mike Roe are highlighted in HHS Life 360 Magazine.
- Dean Ladisch makes new HHS welcome video featuring CSR students, Dr. Nolan Kline and the Health Disparities Research Lab.
- Purdue students help supply iPads for young cancer patients.
- Emily Mishler, Apparel Design and Technology student discusses the launch of her startup company, Get involved-Be the Change Inc.