John and Emma Tse Fund for Global Scholars
Up to $20,000 in scholarship money will be awarded annually. Individual scholarship amounts range from $1,000 to $3,000.
- HHS undergraduate students participating in Purdue University study abroad programs
- Applicants must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale)
Tse Scholars are selected by a committee comprised of:
- Faculty and staff from HHS academic departments
- HHS Alumni and Development staff
- HHS Student Services staff
- HHS Diversity and International Programs staff
You do not need to be enrolled/accepted to a specific program before applying for the scholarship.
- Current resume
- Two-page (double-spaced) essay covering:
- Why a study abroad experience is being pursued and how the experience relates to applicant’s educational objectives and career aspirations.
- What applicant expects to gain from the experience.
- Financial constraints currently facing applicant. If applicable, describe changes in financial standing (i.e. recent loss of income), additional family expenses due to illness or death, or other unique circumstances (i.e. non-contributing parent, loss of aid/scholarship, etc.).
- How applicant will share the study abroad experience with others.
- Two written recommendations—one from Purdue faculty or staff. Recommendation should be sent directly to the contact address listed below and should include the completed recommendation form provided. Download and print recommendation form.
- Up-to-date transcript from Purdue University
- Tse Scholars are expected to actively promote HHS Study Abroad programs and participate in the Study Abroad Fairs.
- Tse Scholars are expected to correspond with the Tse family before, during, and/or after the study abroad experience.
- It is mandatory that all Tse Scholars attend the annual Tse Scholars reception.
HHS administrative staff will confirm applicant’s registration in a study abroad program prior to dispersing scholarship funds. HHS staff will also confirm that the registrant has met the program-specific deposit deadlines.
If for any reason the applicant cancels his/her study abroad registration after scholarship funds have been paid out, Purdue Division of Financial Aid will cancel the scholarship and return the funds to the John and Emma Tse Fund for Global Scholars.
For more information, contact
HHS Study Abroad
110 Stone Hall, 700 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2059