Summer Transition, Advising, and Registration
STAR is Purdue University's mandatory summer orientation program for incoming students. After students pay their deposits, they are sent information on how to sign up for STAR. Attendance at STAR is mandatory for all incoming students.
Preparing for Your STAR Visit
It is important that you visit this link to find out how to prepare for your STAR visit:
Preparing for your STAR visit
- Ask any questions you have
- Attend HHS Orientation Presentation
- Tour the campus
- Meet with an academic advisor to register for classes
- Attend a "Paying for Purdue" and "Family Session"
- Take advanced credit exams and placement exams
- Have your ID picture taken and get your Purdue ID card
- Visit your residence hall
- Turn in your medical history form
- Learn more and sign up for Boiler Gold Rush, Learning Communities, and other options for first year students.
- Visit areas of interest: athletic facilities, study abroad, ROTC, band/choirs, Adaptive Services
After Your STAR Visit
It is important that you visit this link to find out how to proceed after your STAR visit:
After your STAR visit
Registering for STAR
You may register for STAR via the myPurdue portal. You may also reschedule your STAR date via the myPurdue portal should your circumstances change. Please note that space on each STAR date is limited, and that registration will close five working days prior to each STAR date (e.g., if you want to attend STAR on June 26, the last date you could possibly sign up for that STAR date would be June 19). If you are having difficulty registering for a STAR date, please click here for a set of instructions.
All new, domestic, first-year, and transfer students who will enroll in classes for the first time in Fall 2013 are required to attend Summer Transition, Advising and Registration (STAR) 2013 to receive academic advisement and register for their courses. Students who do not attend this program will still receive advisement and will be able to self-register for fall courses using myPurdue. However, they will not be able to do so until after Purdue University's faculty and staff have concluded serving the students who participated in STAR 2013. Certain exceptions to this policy can be made. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (765) 494-9328 for more information.