Preparing Future Faculty
PFF explores faculty roles and responsibilities as they relate to the missions of an institution of higher education, and the type of institution including community colleges, liberal arts colleges, research universities, and minority-serving institutions.
- Tuesdays, 1:30 to 3:20 p.m.
- 2 credit hour course
- Pass/No Pass grading system.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explore and reflect on your assumptions about academic roles, positions, practices, missions, and institutions.
- Construct an institutional profile and relate your career goals and faculty skill sets with institutional missions and departmental goals.
- Construct a career strategic plan for enhancing and maintaining faculty skill sets and competencies.
- Critique, interpret, support or debate three "hot topics" identified within class or select three topics not covered in class.
- discussion with administrators, faculty members, and colleagues
- reflection through portfolio construction
- development and articulation of skills and competencies