Purdue Graduate Student Center (PGSC)
The Purdue Graduate Student Center is glad to extend the use of our facility to student graduate organizations for meetings and social gatherings. We see this as a positive service to graduate students. The Purdue Graduate School and the Purdue Graduate Student Government have established requirements and guidelines for groups using the Purdue Graduate Student Center.
- Request for use of the Purdue Graduate Student Center may be made by going to the following website: http://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/student/index.html. Any additional questions or inquires can be made by contacting the Center at 765-496-0400 or emailing Tricia Olinger at email@example.com.
- Requests outside the current semester.
- Requests more than 30 days in advance by non-student-led groups for weekdays after 5pm or weekends.
- Requests for unusually long or frequent reservations.
- Requests for the Lounge between 8am and 5pm Monday-Friday.
- Requests for the PGSG Board Room.
- An Access Card can be obtained from the Center 3 days prior to your event, should your event be held after hours or on a weekend. Please note that the Center office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Access Card must be returned to the Center on the next weekday/workday following the event.
Use of the Center:
The Purdue Graduate Student Center welcomes graduate students to our facility. We know you understand that to maintain the usefulness of the various meeting areas, all users need to be respectful and considerate. The following requests are applied to all groups reserving an event at the Center.
- Decorations may be used as long as they are attached to walls, columns, etc. with masking tape or other non-adherent tape (tape that will not damage the surface paint finish). All such must be removed at the end of the event.
- Furniture may be re-arranged to suit the needs of the meeting group, but must be returned to its original arrangement at the end of the event.
- All waste from serving food and beverage must be collected, placed in garbage bags (located under the kitchen sink) and put in the large dumpster located in the lower level of the parking garage- to the east side- off of Grant Street.
- Should your event be revenue based, authorization is required from the BOSO and/or SAO office(s).
- Smoking and the use of any alcoholic beverage in or around the Center are prohibited.
- All kitchen utensils (if non-plastic) and equipment used must be washed, dried, and put away at the end of the event.
- All kitchen counters must be cleaned (supplies located underneath the kitchen sink).
- Any food items and/or other debris left on tabletops, chairs, floors or other Center equipment must be removed.
- A full size refrigerator is available for storing food items prior to your event.
- All lights in the facility, except the night lighting, should be turned off before leaving the Center.
- Exiting the Center will need to be done through the handicap door of the main entrance. Please make sure the doors are locked when exiting.
- Basement is off limits.
- Damages to the Center or reserved area (that are beyond normal wear and tear) will be charged to the sponsoring organization.
Use must be restricted to the specific graduate student organization reserved. Children or others must not be allowed to run free within the Center.