Family Fun for Kids of All Ages
West Lafayette, Lafayette, and other nearby communities offer numerous family friendly activities. Here is a small sample of some activities you can enjoy:
- Columbian Park includes a water park and zoo.
- Lafayette offers summer fun with its three water parks.
- Happy Hollow Park has picnic areas, along with walking, jogging and hiking trails.
- Indianapolis Zoo and the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, the largest children's museum in the country, are just a short drive away! Forbes.com contributor Larry Olmsted ranked The Children's Museum of Indianapolis at the top of the 12 best children's museums in the U.S.
- Purdue Spring Fest and Bug Bowl give children of all ages the chance to explore and learn through hands-on activities and demonstrations.
- Wolf Park, an educational and research facility, makes learning fun and exciting, especially during Howl Nights!
- Indiana Dunes National Lake Shore is a national park on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Taste of Tippecanoe will satisfy even picky eaters with samples of local restaurants' best dishes and live music.
- Explore local history at the Feast of the Hunters' Moon, a re-creation of an annual fall gathering between the French and Native Americans at Fort Ouiatenon.
- Riverside Skating Plaza offers summer roller skating and winter ice skating.
- Purdue's campus and West Lafayette's nearly 20 miles of paved trails provide wonderful jogging, biking, and walking paths.
For more information about the West Lafayette-Lafayette area, visit the Community Information page.