Jump to main page content
Resources for International Students
- The Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS) seeks to enhance the academic, cultural, and social pursuits of students and scholars from abroad. ISS provides knowledge and expertise in admissions, immigration, advising, and cross-cultural programming. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
- The Oral English Proficiency Program (OEPP) serves as a resource for international graduate students and graduate students studying English as a Second Language.
- Nearly 40 international student groups offer social and cultural activities at Purdue. The student organizations represent countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Oceania, and the Middle East. These groups bring together students from all countries.
- The International Center fosters the spirit of international cooperation and understanding, and enriches the cultural diversity within Greater Lafayette. It promotes interaction among American and international community residents and visitors, including students, visiting scholars, faculty, and staff from Purdue University. The International Center also offers English classes and the Conversation Partner Program to strengthen language skills.
- EducationUSA is a network of over 450 advising and information centers in 170 countries supported by the United States Department of State. Centers offer information about educational opportunities in the United States and guidance to qualified individuals.
- The Confucius Institute at Purdue promotes Chinese programs and studies on China, and initiates and fosters Chinese language and cultural programs.
- There are at least thirty religions and denominations represented in the Greater Lafayette area. Lafayette Online provides a list of religious organizations and places of worship categorized by religion.
- The Greater Lafayette area dining scene is as varied as a big city's with Arabic, Cajun, French, Greek, Hawaiian, Indian, Irish, Italian, Mexican, and Russian cuisine. Both Lafayette Online and the West Lafayette Convention and Visitors Bureau list area restaurants.
- The Lafayette and West Lafayette Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau provide information for people relocating to the area, community events and activities, a business directory, and a dining and shopping guide.
- Use Purdue's iPhone application to:
- View where you are and how to get where you're going
- Take a GPS enabled landmark tour
- Read updated Purdue news
- View dining hall menus, updated daily
- Watch Purdue's YouTube channel
- Find something to do from the university calendar of events