Preparing Future Faculty
- Spring 2017
- Doctoral students and postdocs are eligible to register for Preparing Future Faculty - GRAD 59000 (CRN 37260).
- Grad students - Register through myPurdue.
- Postdocs – email email@example.com
PFF explores faculty roles and responsibilities as they relate to the missions of an institution of higher education, and the type of institution including community colleges, liberal arts colleges, research universities, and minority-serving institutions.
- 2 credit hour course
- Pass/No Pass grading system.
Three basic elements compose the course:
- Discussions and mentoring with vice provosts, deans, department heads, faculty members, and colleagues
- Development of your portfolio – curriculum vita, cover letter, research statement, and teaching philosophy
- Identification and articulation of faculty skills, competencies, roles, and expectations based on institution type