2016 Poster Presentation
Students of all levels and backgrounds are invited to present their work (research or projects) at the Ecological Science and Engineering Symposium on Thursday, September 29, 2016. Posters do NOT have to be directly related to the symposium theme of polarization, but students should be able to communicate their research succinctly.
Abstracts will be accepted through September 25, 2016.
- Posters must be no larger than 3 feet 11 inches tall (top to bottom) and 5 feet 10 inches wide (left to right).
- Posters Will be mounted to dual-sided, free-standing displays using push pins which will be provided.
- Students are welcome to bring handouts to distribute at their poster.
To complete registration you must complete a form with descriptive details, providing a title and abstract of your presentation. Students will be contacted if further information is needed.
Poster Registration Deadline will now be September 25, 2016
Sympoisum and Poster Session Registration is available HERE.
Faculty, visiting professionals, and staff will serve as judges. Please have at least one author of the poster present during the judging period (10:30 - 12:00) to answer any questions the judges might have.
Posters will be judged on clarity, completeness, visual design, presentation, and application of research. Undergraduates and Graduates will be judged separately.
Attendees will also be encouraged to vote for their favorite poster during the general display time (10:30 - 12:00).
There will be two winners and two runner-ups selected by judges for each the undergraduate and graduate competition. One People's Choice Award will go to the competitor receiving the most votes cast by attendees. This can be awarded to an undergraduate or a graduate. Winners and runner-ups are excluded from the People's Choice Awards.
All entrants will be given a certificate of participation, with all the winners, runner-ups, and the People’s Choice Award being given certificates in addition to a cash prize.
- Sunday, September 25th - Abstract submission (Poster Registration) closes.
- Monday, September 26th - All Applicants will be notified of their acceptance.
- Thursday, September 29th, 10:30 - 12:00PM - Poster presentation in Mann Hall Atrium.
By submitting a poster/presentation, the applicant authorizes the Ecological Sciences and Engineering Interdisciplinary Graduate Program to share all information related to the poster/presentation (or subsequent award), including a photo, on the internet, in press releases, and in relevant program literature.
Questions? Contact the Poster Committee at email@example.com.