Middle Tennessee State University - Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship
Deadline: submission recommended by early March
The purpose of MTSU's fellowship program is to enhance diversity in research, teaching, and service at MTSU through the recruitment of underrepresented minority graduate students from across the country who are completing dissertation research. Fellow will be expected to devote significant time to the completion of the dissertation during this one-year fellowship.
- Applicants for the Library Fellowship must possess the ALA accredited masters and be dissertation stage doctoral degree candidates studying in a field taught at MTSU.
- Preference for applicants to the University Fellowship Program will be given to persons in disciplines in which minorities are traditionally underrepresented, with experience in diverse educational programs and environments, and a willingness to participate in MTSU’s diversity initiatives.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment.
- Excellence in teaching, research/creative activity and service, as pertinent to the Library, is expected.
- MTSU seeks candidates committed to using integrative technologies.
- The salary is $30,000.
- The Fellow will receive benefits including health insurance.
- The Fellow will receive support for research, professional travel, and other related expenses.
William Black, Professor
James E. Walker Library
Middle Tennessee State University
- Funding Opportunities
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
- Dewson - Fellowship for Underrepresented Students
- National GEM Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Association of Schools of Public Health/US Center for Disease Control
- American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Smithsonian Institution - Awards Program for Native American Students
- Navajo Nation - Graduate Fellowship
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Future Engineering Faculty Fellowships
- National Physical Science Consortium
- American Planning Association - Planning Fellowships
- Smithsonian Institution - Predoctoral, Dissertation, & Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
- School for Advanced Research (SAR) - Resident Scholars Awards
- Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship