Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
The Master's Fellowship Program (MFP) provides exceptional bachelor's-level minority candidates with the opportunity to receive fully funded master's of science degrees. Successful applicants will become regular full-time Sandia employees and will join multidisciplinary R&D teams that are advancing the frontiers of science and technology to solve the world's greatest challenges. After spending at least two months at Sandia acclimating to the national-laboratory environment and contributing to Sandia's missions, MFP recipients will enter graduate school to pursue their technical master's degrees full-time. Sandia will pay for tuition and all tuition-associated costs. While in graduate school, fellows will remain on roll as Sandia employees and will receive an annual stipend and employee benefits (with the exception of vacation accrual). After receiving their master's degrees, MFP participants are guaranteed placement in appropriate technical staff positions at Sandia.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Minority status (American Indian, Asian, Black, or Hispanic).
- New bachelor's of science degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2/4.0
- Apply to three graduate schools jointly selected with Sandia.
- Spend at least two months working at Sandia prior to graduate school.
- Pursue a technical master's degree that fulfills Sandia's business needs.
- Earn a master's degree in three consecutive semesters (or four if pursuing a master's thesis).
- Complete the master's program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5/4.0.
- Return to Sandia after graduation as a technical staff member.
- A competitive salary while working full-time at Sandia.
- An annual stipend and regular employee benefits (except vacation accrual) while attending graduate school.
- Sandia-paid campus visit, tuition, and all tuition-related costs.
- Sandia-paid relocation to and from graduate school.
Sandia National Laboratories - New Mexico
PO Box 5800
Albuquerque, NM 87185
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
- American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
- American Planning Association - Planning Fellowships
- Association of Schools of Public Health/US Center for Disease Control
- Dewson - Fellowship for Underrepresented Students
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National GEM Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31
- National Physical Science Consortium
- Navajo Nation - Graduate Fellowship
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Future Engineering Faculty Fellowships
- Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
- School for Advanced Research (SAR) - Resident Scholars Awards
- Smithsonian Institution - Awards Program for Native American Students
- Smithsonian Institution - Predoctoral, Dissertation, & Postdoctoral Fellowships