National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31 - Individual Predoctoral Fellowships for Underrepresented Students
Deadline: Three 2012 deadlines: 4/13, 8/13, & 12/13
The Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards for Individual Predoctoral Fellowships to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research will provide up to five years of support for research training leading to the Ph.D. or equivalent research degree, the combined M.D./Ph.D. degree; or another formally combined professional degree and research doctoral degree in biomedical, behavioral, health services, or clinical sciences. The purpose of this individual predoctoral research training fellowship is to improve the diversity of the health-related research workforce by supporting the training of predoctoral students from groups that have been shown to be underrepresented.
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
National Eye Institute (NEI)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
National Institute on Aging (NIA)
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
National Institute on Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS)
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
Special Note: Applicants are cautioned that not all NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs) participate in this program, and that consultation with relevant IC staff prior to submission of an application is strongly encouraged. Prospective applicants are urged to consult the Table of IC-Specific Information, Requirements and Staff Contacts to determine whether the planned research and training falls within the mission of one of the participating NIH ICs.
- Applicants must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States, or have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- A fellowship applicant must have a baccalaureate degree and be currently enrolled in a PhD or equivalent research degree program (e.g., EngD, DNSc, Dr PH, DSW, PharmD, PsyD, ScD), a formally combined MD/PhD program, or other combined professional/clinical doctoral/research PhD graduate program (e.g., DDS/PhD) in the biomedical, behavioral, or clinical sciences at an accredited domestic or foreign institution.
- Candidates include individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- $22,032 per year
- The NIH will contribute to the combined cost of tuition and fees at the rate in place at the time of award.
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
- American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
- American Planning Association - Planning Fellowships
- Association of Schools of Public Health/US Center for Disease Control
- Dewson - Fellowship for Underrepresented Students
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National GEM Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31
- National Physical Science Consortium
- Navajo Nation - Graduate Fellowship
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Future Engineering Faculty Fellowships
- Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
- School for Advanced Research (SAR) - Resident Scholars Awards
- Smithsonian Institution - Awards Program for Native American Students
- Smithsonian Institution - Predoctoral, Dissertation, & Postdoctoral Fellowships