American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
Intended to increase the presence of minority scholars and teachers in musicology, the Brown fellowship supports one year of graduate work for a student at a U.S. university who is a member of a group historically underrepresented in the discipline, including African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans.
- Students are eligible who have completed at least one year of full-time graduate work, intend to pursue a Ph.D., and are in good standing at their home institution.
- The fellowship is not restricted to dissertation work.
- Fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. There are no restrictions as to research area, age, or sex.
Prof. Charles Hiroshi Garrett
American Musicological Society, Inc.
6010 College Station
Brunswick, ME 04011-8451
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
- American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
- American Planning Association - Planning Fellowships
- Association of Schools of Public Health/US Center for Disease Control
- Dewson - Fellowship for Underrepresented Students
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National GEM Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31
- National Physical Science Consortium
- Navajo Nation - Graduate Fellowship
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Future Engineering Faculty Fellowships
- Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
- School for Advanced Research (SAR) - Resident Scholars Awards
- Smithsonian Institution - Awards Program for Native American Students
- Smithsonian Institution - Predoctoral, Dissertation, & Postdoctoral Fellowships