American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
Intended to increase the presence of minority scholars and teachers in musicology, the Brown fellowship supports one year of graduate work for a student at a U.S. university who is a member of a group historically underrepresented in the discipline, including African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans.
- Students are eligible who have completed at least one year of full-time graduate work, intend to pursue a Ph.D., and are in good standing at their home institution.
- The fellowship is not restricted to dissertation work.
- Fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. There are no restrictions as to research area, age, or sex.
Prof. Charles Hiroshi Garrett
American Musicological Society, Inc.
6010 College Station
Brunswick, ME 04011-8451
- Funding Opportunities
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
- Dewson - Fellowship for Underrepresented Students
- National GEM Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Association of Schools of Public Health/US Center for Disease Control
- American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Smithsonian Institution - Awards Program for Native American Students
- Navajo Nation - Graduate Fellowship
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Future Engineering Faculty Fellowships
- National Physical Science Consortium
- American Planning Association - Planning Fellowships
- Smithsonian Institution - Predoctoral, Dissertation, & Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
- School for Advanced Research (SAR) - Resident Scholars Awards
- Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship