American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
Deadline: Temporarily suspended
Note: The AGI Scholarship is currently being restructured. At this time, AGI is unsure of when the next application period will begin. Check website for updates.
AGI's Minority Scholarships aim to develop the professional corps of underrepresented ethnic-minority students in the geosciences. Recipients of AGI Scholarships are provided with small financial awards and matched with a mentor from the geoscience community to foster whole professional development of the awardee. Each award will consist of both scholarship support as well as support for professional development experiences for successful candidates. Professional development experiences that qualify include field camp, professional society memberships, and/or travel and registration to a professional meeting of one of AGI’s member societies.
- United States citizens only. Permanent residents (green card) or applicants for U.S citizenship are not eligible.
- Verifiable ethnic-minority status as Black, Hispanic, or Native American (American Indian, Eskimo, Hawaiian, or Samoan).
- Financial support is for full-time Master's and Ph.D. students who are currently enrolled in an accredited institution as a graduate student majoring (i.e., degree candidate) in geoscience, including the geoscience subdisciplines of geology, geophysics, geochemistry, hydrology, physical oceanography, planetary geology, or earth-science education. This program does not support students in any other area of study.
Heather R. Houlton, American Geological Institute
4220 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302-1502
Tel: (703) 379-2480
Fax: (703) 379-7563
- Funding Opportunities
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) - Minority Geoscience Scholarships
- Dewson - Fellowship for Underrepresented Students
- National GEM Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Association of Schools of Public Health/US Center for Disease Control
- American Musicological Society - Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship in Musicology
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Smithsonian Institution - Awards Program for Native American Students
- Navajo Nation - Graduate Fellowship
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F31
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Future Engineering Faculty Fellowships
- National Physical Science Consortium
- American Planning Association - Planning Fellowships
- Smithsonian Institution - Predoctoral, Dissertation, & Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Sandia National Laboratories - Master's Fellowship Program
- School for Advanced Research (SAR) - Resident Scholars Awards
- Walter Library Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship