Technical Help Questions
- What are the online application system requirements?
- I have forgotten my username or password.
- I am unable to login to my online application account.
- I am unable to upload a document in the online application.
- My recommendation provider did not receive an email notification to submit a recommendation on my behalf.
- Can I add or remove recommendation providers after my application is submitted?
- I cannot locate my institution in the Look-up Table
- Can I update my online application after it is submitted?
- Can I update my statement of purpose after it is submitted?
- How do I update my email address?
- How do I create a second application account?
- Who should I contact for additional technical support?
The Graduate School's online application has the following system requirements:
- Supported browsers include Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9 (Windows), Firefox 3.6 & 7 (Mac), Firefox 3 and 7 (Windows), Chrome 12 (Windows and Mac), Safari 4 & 5 (Mac), and Safari 5 (Windows), (Macintosh users - OS X).
- While the majority of features will work with other browsers, we can only guarantee full compatibility and offer support for the browsers mentioned above.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6, we strongly recommend upgrading to version 9 as version 6 does not meet our minimum security requirements.
- If you are using one of the supported browsers and are experiencing problems, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version. If you still experience problems after upgrading, please make sure that your browser is set to accept cookies. Also, make sure the following browser settings are enabled:
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled.
- If your browser has a section for trusted sites, please enter these two URLs:
- You will need Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher to download, view and print PDF files. While PDF files should work with most other PDF viewers, we can only guarantee full compatibility and support for Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher.
- If your email offers a whitelist, please add the following address:
- For security reasons, we recommend that you log out of the online application after each session.
If you have forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your Username or Password" link on the application login screen. You will be required to enter your username and email address. An email will be sent to you with instructions for resetting your password. If you have forgotten your username, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are unable to login to your online application account, click the Technical Support link located at the bottom right corner of the application login screen. You will be required to enter your email address and click "Continue". You can then click on the "Contact Support" link to input your ticket summary and details.
The file cannot exceed 600 KB in size and should be in .doc, .wpd, .rtf, .xls, .pdf, .docx, .xlsx or .txt format. For Macintosh users, please note that the filename must include the appropriate three- or four-letter extension. Also, please do not attempt to upload a document that is password-protected or that contains macros. This will cause the process to fail.
My recommendation provider did not receive an email notification to submit a recommendation on my behalf.
The email notification to your recommendation provider is immediate after you enter his/her name into the application
If you are interested in sending an email notification to your online recommendation provider, you have the ability to return to your application using your username and password to resend the notification. When you return to your application, click on "Application for Admission". In your application, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the left menu link called "Recommenders". You can then view your recommendation provider list and click on the box next to each recommendation provider you would like to re-notify. Click the "Resend" button for the email notification to be resent to your provider.
Your recommendation provider may have filters set on his/her email account that may not allow the email to come through correctly. If you believe this is the case, your provider can submit a ticket to our Technical Support team at http://hobsonsupport.force.com/applicationsupport/ and click on the link "Contact Support".
Once your application is submitted, you do not have the ability to return and make revisions to your recommendation provider list.
You do have the ability to have a hard copy recommendation letter sent to the program to which you are applying. For recommenders wishing to complete a paper recommendation, please send the following recommendation form (PDF).
For the best search results, search by institution name. Do not enter the full institution name. The institution name or abbreviation may be slightly different from what is stored in the lookup table.
Example: If you are searching for Purdue University, limit the search name to Purdue.
If you are searching by U.S. state, use the state postal abbreviation.
If you are searching by country, use the official country abbreviation.
If you still cannot find your institution, type in School Not Listed in the name field and click "search". Click the link "1. 000000|School Not Listed" displayed at the top of the page. This will return you to the Education Background section of your application. Once there, please update "School Not Listed" in the "Name of Institution" field to your institution name.
You may submit your application only once. You will not be able to make changes to your application information using the online application system after submission. The application should be submitted and all required materials should arrive by the appropriate deadline. For deadline information, please visit the Graduate Program Requirements Web pages.
Once you have submitted your application to the Graduate Admissions office, you do not have the ability to return to your application to upload a new statement of purpose. If you are interested in submitting a new statement, please send it directly to the graduate program to which you are applying.
If your email address has changed, please return to your application using your username and password and click on the "Update Profile" link located at the top of your application. Your new email address will be where all future correspondence is sent.
If you are interested in creating a new application account, our system will allow you to have multiple accounts. Please visit our How to Apply Web page and click on Apply Now to create a new application account. You will be required to create a different username from your previous application.
If you require additional technical support or have a question not addressed on this Web page, please email email@example.com.