The Graduate School application fee is $60 (U.S. dollars) for domestic applicants and $75 (U.S. dollars) for international applicants. You must pay your application fee online with your credit card. Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted and processed using a secured online payment system. Your application will not be processed until your nonrefundable application fee has been paid.
As an alternative to paying your application fee via credit card, Purdue University Graduate School has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions, a specialist in global business payments. This payment option allows you to pay the Graduate School application fee in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and secure method for initiating payments electronically.
Please note: A foreign currency payment is a "pending" payment and does not automatically update your application fee status. Purdue University Accounts Receivable will post the U.S. dollar equivalent to your Business Partner account, generally within two to five days after your local bank initiates payment. When this has occurred, your application fee will be updated.
For more details about this fee payment option in the online application, visit our Foreign Currency Payments Web page.
If you are applying to a degree program or Graduate Certificate program at one of the Purdue University campuses, you will be charged an application fee. If you are a nondegree applicant at the West Lafayette, Calumet, Fort Wayne, or North Central campuses you will not be charged an application fee.
Application Fee Waivers
Applicants are eligible for one application fee waiver per program he/she has participated in. Fee waivers are valid until December 31st two years after the applicant became eligible. For example, if an applicant participated in the Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo in September 2014, he/she must apply and request the fee waiver by December 31, 2016.
Graduate School applicants who are residents of the State of Indiana and are experiencing an economic hardship may request a waiver of the application fee. To request a waiver of the application fee, please send an email explaining your situation to email@example.com.
Application fee waivers are available for participants in the programs listed below. Please note any special requirements for each program:
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) - must visit Purdue recruiter at annual conference and complete contact information card.
- AISES Conference - must visit Purdue recruiter at annual conference and complete a contact information card
- Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo - must register and participate in the event. For more information on this program please visit their website.
- California Diversity Forum - must visit Purdue recruiter at annual forum conference and complete a contact information card.
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) FreeApp - must meet the CIC FreeApp criteria and complete that application along with meeting the Purdue Graduate School criteria of (1) Participation in a summer research program at a CIC institution OR (2) Participation in a CIC-sponsored recruitment program. For more information on this program please visit their website.
- Denied Admission and Reapplying for Admission to a Graduate Program at a Different Purdue University Campus - please visit this website for more information.
- EducationUSA Opportunity Fund Recipient - must provide a copy of the official EducationUSA Opportunity Fund award letter
- GEM Fellowship Program - must be selected for the GEM Fellows program. For more information on this program, please visit their website.
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers Program - must be selected and participate in their summer program.
- Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders - must have participated in the Mandela Fellows program. For more information, please visit their website.
- McNair Scholars Program - name must be listed in National Directory. For more information on this program please visit their website.
- National Science Foundation Summer Internship (Purdue University) - must be selected and participate in sponsored program at Purdue.
- Native American Institution Visit Program - must be invited and visit campus as part of this program.
- NIH MARC USTAR/PREP/RISE - must have participated in one of these NIH-sponsored undergraduate research programs
- Purdue Multicultural/HBI Visitation Program - must be invited and attend the visitation hosted by Purdue. For more information on this program please visit their website.
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) National Conference - must visit Purdue recruiter at annual conference and complete contact information card.
- Purdue Summer Research Opportunity Program - must be invited and participate in the program hosted by Purdue. For more information on this program please visit their website.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) - must be selected and participate in the Purdue program. For more information on this program please visit their website.
- University of Liberia - must be a current student or alumnus of the University of Liberia. Please complete the education background section of the application before selecting this recruitment program.
In order to request an application fee waiver under one of these programs, you will need to start a Purdue University Graduate School application. Visit The Graduate School website at www.purdue.edu/gradschool and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the left hand side of the page. During the online application process on the ‘Additional Information’ page there is a question that asks if you are a member of a recruitment program. In the drop-down box select the appropriate recruitment program. This will trigger an email to the Office of Graduate Admissions. If your recruitment program requires you to submit additional information, please submit the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within two weeks you will receive a return email indicating whether or not the application fee has been waived. If you pay the application fee before the fee has been waived, it is non-refundable.