A Message from Dr. Arden Bement
This website provides information concerning Purdue University's activities in global education, research and engagement under its strategic goal of "Meeting Global Challenges." Purdue University seeks to be visible throughout the world as the leading "international land-grant university." In fulfilling this goal, Purdue University has established the following interlocking functions:
- A Chief Global Affairs Officer reporting to the President and assisted by the Executive Director for Strategic Planning and Assessment responsible for coordinating university initiatives for achieving the goal "Meeting Global Challenges;"
- A faculty-led Global Council chaired by the Chief Global Affairs Officer and co-chaired by the Dean, International Programs, that coordinates university-wide global initiatives;
- An Office of International Programs headed by the Dean, International Programs, reporting to the Provost responsible for undergraduate education and research experiences abroad;
- A Global Policy Research Institute headed by a director reporting to the Vice President for Research that informs public policy through research and analysis;
- An Associate Vice President for Engagement reporting to the Vice President for Public Affairs who develops collaborative engagements between the public and private sectors at the state, national and global levels.
This website provides links to all of the above functions and assists in finding information concerning all of the programs, activities and publications related to Purdue University's global affairs. We welcome your comments on the value of this website to your interests and needs. Please address your comments to email@example.com.
Arden L. Bement Jr.
Chief Global Affairs Officer