With this gift option, Purdue and the donor enter into an agreement under which Purdue agrees to pay the donor or other beneficiaries a fixed income for life in exchange for a gift of cash, marketable securities, or approved real estate. The minimum gift for a charitable gift annuity is $5,000. The annuity rate is based on the age of the donor or other beneficiaries. Charitable gift annuities are issued through the Purdue Research Foundation.
- Portion of the annuity payment initially is tax-free
- Portion may be taxed as capital gain if funded with appreciated property
- Balance of the payment is taxed as ordinary income
- Fixed annual income for life
- Tax deduction based on the value of the assets and annuity rate
- Reduced capital gains tax
Customize your own Charitable Gift Annuity by using Create Your Plan.