Perhaps the most common planned giving arrangement for the benefit of Purdue is the will bequest. Charitable gifts made by will are 100% tax deductible. Bequests may be unrestricted — giving the University the most flexibility — or designated for a specific purpose.
- Distribution of estate as intended by donor
- Avoidance of estate and inheritance taxes
If you wish to include a bequest to Purdue in your will, the following language is suggested:
- Unrestricted Bequest to Purdue
- Unrestricted Bequest to a Specific College
- Unrestricted Bequest to a Specific School Within a College
- Unrestricted Bequest to a Specified School That Has Its Own Dean (Krannert, Veterinary)
- Scholarships Based on Financial Need
- Scholarships Based on Academic Merit
- Scholarships with Neither Financial Need nor Academic Merit Specified
If you wish to restrict your bequest to a specific college, school, or program, the Planned Giving Office will be happy to provide you or your advisors with suggested language. E-mail us or call (800) 677-8780.