New Synergies - Students
Scholarships, fellowships and student-focused programs allow Purdue to attract and retain top achievers and provide opportunity to students with financial need.
Our goal is to create a highly challenging and diverse environment — one that mirrors today's global society and workplace. In addition to merit and need, there are scholarships to support students in Purdue Musical Organizations, University Bands and Intercollegiate Athletics.
Purdue has been acknowledged for achievements in learning communities, study abroad and there are opportunities to support these programs.
- Access and Success scholarships recruit top undergraduates (Presidential and Trustees Scholarships), support high-need- and middle-income students (Purdue Promise program and Purdue Marquis Scholarship), and attract promising leaders from targeted high schools (Emerging Urban Leaders Scholarship).
- Graduate fellowships bring top students to more than 70 programs on our West Lafayette campus alone. Our Strategic Plan goal is to increase the number of students in our graduate programs and their impact. Purdue is working to increase endowment and annual support for fellowships, assistantships and travel support funds for graduate students by 100 percent.
- Expansion of our learning communities, which already boast 20% participation rates among first-year students
- Growth of our University-wide honors program to nurture students with exceptional potential
- Expansion of study-abroad opportunities to provide students with a greater understanding of themselves, their society, culture, and the world. See individual colleges and schools for program information.