PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT PRIORITY
- Broadly promote the First-year Philosophy statement across campus to ensure that all faculty, staff, and students operate under its guiding values and principles.
ACADEMIC SUCCESS PRIORITIES
- Ensure that every student has a consistent and coordinated first-year orientation experience.
- Support the implementation and expansion of the core curriculum to improve portability of courses across majors.
- Ensure appropriate availability of course spaces that allow students to make progress toward degree completion.
- Expand admit-to-university opportunities.
INSTRUCTOR, FACULTY, AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT PRIORITIES
- Encourage (or Provide) professional development opportunities for all instructors and staff that interact with first-year students.
- Commit to advancing and rewarding research on teaching and learning.
- Establish a coordinated effort to collect and disseminate information on best practices, data useful for faculty instructing first-year students, and assessment to enhance program efforts.
STUDENT SUCCESS PRIORITIES
- Coordinate undergraduate academic advising in the first year.
- Coordinate undergraduate academic success programs
- Develop programs targeted at removing disparities in success among identified groups of students.
- Oversee the streamlining of communication to first-year students.