Research Development Services
The research development and support units of the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) assist with sponsored program development and industry research and outreach. Many faculty members first come into contact with staff from the OVPR at new faculty orientation or at some of the many presentations and workshops provided for faculty and graduate students on grantsmanship and proposal development. Faculty members also can work with research development staff members to identify external sources of funding as well as potential collaborative partners. The research development office maintains a library of sponsored program information and provides training in the use of funding databases.
Service areas of the research development unit include:
- proposal coordination for large and interdisciplinary projects
- management of limited submissions and internal grant competitions
- project coordination for working with and bringing together research teams
- management of agency site visits
- proposal preparation support (resources, samples, limited one-on-one help)
- educational programs and outreach on various aspects of grantsmanship.
For more information, see http://www.purdue.edu/research/funding-and-grant-writing/overview.php.