Protection Against Reprisal for Good Faith Disclosures (Whistleblower Protection)
Purdue University is committed to protecting from retaliation individuals who, acting in good faith, disclose unlawful or fraudulent Misconduct. Retaliation against any individual for making a Good Faith Disclosure, participating in an investigation of a Good Faith disclosure, or enforcing this policy is strictly prohibited. Overt or covert acts of Retaliation against an individual or group for exercising rights or responsibilities under this policy will be subject to appropriate and prompt disciplinary or remedial action.
All University faculty, staff, and students are required to follow the policies set forth by the University to maintain and uphold the integrity and quality of education provided by Purdue University. If an individual knows of an unlawful or fraudulent act of Misconduct, including but not limited to theft, bribery, misuse of property, fraud, violation of University policy, violation of state and/or federal law or regulation, or coercion by a University faculty or staff member to commit an unlawful act, he or she is encouraged to contact the appropriate University official.
This policy is not to be used to bring knowingly false allegations of Misconduct against any employee, student, volunteer, agent, or contractor. Disciplinary action will be taken against any individual found to have made a report of Misconduct in bad faith, or any individual who, in bad faith, is found to have encouraged another person or group to make such a report.
The complete Policy on Protection Against Reprisal for Good Faith Disclosers (III.A.4) is available at www.purdue.edu/policies/ethics/iiia4.html.
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Standards of Personal Appearance and Dress
- Employee Uniforms
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Violent Behavior
- Smoke Free West Lafayette Campus
- Regulations Governing Use and Assignment of University Facilities
- General Liability Insurance
- Use of Vehicles for University Business
- Automobile Liability Insurance
- Soliciting, Canvassing and Peddling on Campus
- Outside Employment and Other Outside Activities
- Political Activities
- Travel Permission and Expense
- Termination of Employment
- Protection Against Reprisal for Good Faith Disclosures (Whistleblower Protection)