Automobile Liability Insurance
The University carries liability insurance on covered automobiles. Authorized vehicle operators are protected against third-party claims for bodily injury or property damage while operating within the scope of their authority while in compliance with the University’s vehicle use policy.
This insurance includes non-ownership liability coverage to protect the University when privately owned vehicles are driven on University business. This coverage also protects the personal liability of a person properly authorized (and in compliance with the University’s vehicle use policy) to drive a private vehicle on University business. This coverage, however, is excess over that carried by the owner of the private vehicle — and responds if and when that coverage is exhausted. No coverage is provided by the University for physical damage to private vehicles.
The protection afforded individuals by the University’s automobile liability is contingent upon use of vehicles in accordance with authority given by the University and in compliance with Purdue’s vehicle use policy. Approval by the Risk Management Department is required before any non-employee may drive a University vehicle.
Details about Purdue’s vehicle use policy can be found at www.purdue.edu/business/risk_mgmt/Risk_Management_Insurance_Program/index.html#autoli and at www.purdue.edu/policies/facilities-safety/iva1.html.
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Standards of Personal Appearance and Dress
- Employee Uniforms
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Violent Behavior
- Smoke Free West Lafayette Campus
- Regulations Governing Use and Assignment of University Facilities
- General Liability Insurance
- Use of Vehicles for University Business
- Automobile Liability Insurance
- Soliciting, Canvassing and Peddling on Campus
- Outside Employment and Other Outside Activities
- Political Activities
- Travel Permission and Expense
- Termination of Employment
- Protection Against Reprisal for Good Faith Disclosures (Whistleblower Protection)