Your Purdue E-mail
E-mail is the official main communication portal between Purdue offices and students. Exploratory Studies Advisors recommend that students check their Purdue e-mail at least once a day to ensure that they don't miss important academic announcements and course updates.
Admitted students (including beginning, transfer, re-entry, and re-admitted students) must reset their password to begin recieiving Purdue e-mail of any kind.
Purdue does have some rules governing the use of e-mail. It's important to review these before using Purdue's e-mail system.
Forwarding to your Purdue e-mail address
If you want to forward e-mail from other accounts to your Purdue account (i.e. your “@purdue.edu” address), edit your preferences for that e-mail service to send e-mail directly to your Purdue account.
How to forward your E-mail to another e-mail address
- Go to ITaP’s Secure Purdue homepage.
- Click on the link “Change Your Password.”
- Login using your current Purdue Career Account username and password.
- Look for the “Your Account Tools” tab, and then below it, click on the link to “Change Mailbox.”
- Click on the option to forward your Purdue e-mail to an e-mail address of your choice.
- Save Changes and then Logout.
Admitted students (including beginning, transfer, re-entry, and re-admitted students) who are setting up their accounts for the first time would follow steps #1-4 above. They would then click on the radio button for “Purdue myMail Service.” Until this is done, students will not be able to receive or read any of their Purdue e-mail.