Registration is the process of selecting courses, reserving space in those courses, receiving a schedule, and paying fees. You are not officially enrolled until fees are paid.
Research on your own.
- Print a plan of study for the major(s) that interest you.
- Research CODO requirements for the major(s) that interest you.
- Utilize myPurdue Plan to see how far along you are in your major(s) of interest by running a what-if worksheet.
Create a long term plan.
- Using the information you researched, identify courses you still need. Create a tentative plan for the next three semester in myPurdue Plan’s Student Educational Planner (SEP).
Schedule an advising appointment with your advisor.
- Using your advisor's online calendar, schedule a half hour appointment BEFORE your time ticket opens. Time ticket information is available in myPurdue under your academic tab. Students will need to select 'Registration Status' to find the exact time and date they may begin registering for courses.
- Make note of the day/time of your appointment in your prefered time management system (e.g. your planner).
Attend advising appointment with advisor.
- Don't no show - it's rude. If you're running late to your appointment, please call the office (765) 494-0843.
- Come prepared to your advising appointment. Bring plans of study, list of courses, SEP three semester plan, questions, etc. WITH YOU to your advising meeting!!!
- At this meeting…
- You and your advisor will discuss course selection.
- You and your advisor will discuss your long terms goals and your advisor will offer insight on your 3 semester plan.
- You may obtain CODO papers if you need them.
- You will leave with your registration PIN.
Register for courses.
- Just before your time ticket opens.
- Research courses offered in myPurdue.
- Use Scheduling Assistant to create a tentative schedule. Record CRN numbers.
- When your time ticket opens.
- Access drop/add and enter your registration PIN. Type in CRN numbers and submit.
- If you experience an error registering, refer to information on the Registrar's website for a solution.
- To avoid being dropped from your schedule, pay all fees through the Bursar's office.