Welcome Transfer Students!
Congratulations on being admitted to Purdue University - West Lafayette! We are delighted that you are coming to Purdue to continue your college education, and look forward to welcoming you to our campus and community.
We understand that many of you have questions about things such as registering for classes, who your academic advisor will be, and where you need to go to get your Purdue ID card. You've come to the right place. This web page is designed with your specific needs in mind. And if you don't get all of your questions answered, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Here are some links specifically chosen to assist our new transfer students:
- Once you've been admitted to Purdue, check out the Admissions website for a list of everything you need to do before your arrival on campus.
- Transfer Credit: Answers to your questions about what will transfer and how to transfer courses to Purdue - West Lafayette.
- Housing and Food services: If you'd like to stay in one of our fifteen residence halls or eat in one of our award-winning dining halls, here's the site to check out!
- Off-campus housing options: Greek life and an off-campus housing. Includes an excellent search engine for local apartments, house rentals, and more.
- Citybus: Stops are located all over campus, West Lafayette, and Lafayette. Rides are free with a valid Purdue student ID.
- Parking and other transportation: Purchase a Parking Permit for ticketless parking while at Purdue. Also, refer to our useful Parking Map for garage and lot locations or our Campus Bike Paths map for safe biking thoroughfares.
- Veteran and Military student programs: includes information about events, internships, and other opportunities.
- Span Plan: services for non-tradition students who also happen to be veterans, parents, married, or who are returning to college after some time away.