Whenever you are experiencing trouble with a course, ask questions! If it would be helpful to have someone who could answer your questions as you do your homework or help you to review for exams, consider obtaining a tutor. It is not the tutor's job to reteach the class.
Whenever you have questions, get help immediately. No tutor will be able to help you catch up at the end of the semester. Tutorial help is useful only if it starts early enough to give you progressive assistance — do not use a tutor to cram in a semesterâs work in the last week.
Do not use a tutor to substitute for your reading and study efforts. Tutoring resources may be found at:
- Student Success at Purdue's Academic Resources
- Academic Advisors' Resource Guide
- Department of Mathematics Tutor List
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Online Mentoring for Success