Associate Dean for Globalization (002720-2012)
Applications and Nominations are invited for the position of Associate Dean for Globalization for the College of Technology at the West Lafayette campus. This person will have a pivotal role in broadening the College of Technology’s international focus, reach, and reputation. The Association Dean for Globalization will work closely with the Dean of International Programs and Study Abroad Offices and develop new global learning, discovery and engagement initiatives that extend the College of Technology’s global presence on campus, in the state of Indiana and around the world. The successful candidate will report to the Dean and serve as a member of the Dean’s Cabinet. The Associate Dean for Globalization will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, alumni, industry partners, and campus leaders to enhance Purdue’s global efforts. The successful candidate has the knowledge and skills to promote work among active academic units that achieve defined goals and results in measurable success through enhanced globalization. The Associate Dean for Globalization will be responsible for leading efforts to conceptualize, define, assess, nurture, and cultivate globalization as a college-wide value and educational priority by fostering strategic collaborative partners, both institutional and industrial.
The College of Technology has a current undergraduate enrollment of 3,200, a graduate enrollment of 450, and 140 full-time Faculty. The college also serves 1,200 students through the Statewide Technology System.
Responsibilities: The Associate Dean for Globalization has the responsibility to:
- Work closely with Deans, Heads of Departments, faculty, Directors, and other campus leaders in strategy formulation and execution of the “Meeting Global Challenges” goal in Purdue’s strategic plan.
- Serve as the liaison between the College of Technology and the nine other academic units on campus.
- Travel as required to identify, develop, and nurture strategic global partnerships, and demonstrate adeptness at the art of cross-cultural communication.
- Guide efforts to conceptualize, define, assess, nurture, and cultivate globalization as a core educational value and resource.
- Represent CoT’s globalization efforts to outside organizations.
- Provide administrative support for International Students and Scholars and Study Abroad programs within the college.
- Develop new global learning, discovery and engagement initiatives that extend Purdue’s global presence on campus, in the state of Indiana and around the world.
- Fostering Global recruitment of both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Establish Global Strategic Partnerships at the college level with strategically aligned universities to build a “great global reputation” for academic programs.
Qualifications: Candidates are sought whose qualifications and experience assure effective leadership in guiding the growth and development of the above bulleted items. Excellent administration, communication, and organizational skills will be essential attributes for success as the associate dean. Successful candidate must be a proven international leader with experience in higher education issues related to global affairs and in international education and research. The candidate must also have experience with budgets, strategic planning and fundraising, as well as, a demonstrated interest and appreciation for global engagement and relevant to U.S. government international policies.
Qualifications include an earned doctorate from an accredited institution. The successful candidate should be able to work across academic units and possess a clear understanding of the mission of a land grant institution. Information about the College of Technology can be found at http://www.tech.purdue.edu/.
Applications: This is an academic year appointment with summer support, 50% functioning as the Associate Dean for Globalization, and 50% assignment in a College of Technology academic department. The position has an anticipated start date of January 1, 2013. The successful candidate should qualify for faculty rank as a full professor in one of the academic areas within the college. Consideration of candidates will commence on August 31, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
Send letter of application addressing the past experiences and vision related to the bulleted items, curriculum vitae, transcripts of all college/university work, and names and contact information of three professional references to Dean Bertoline, via Janet Ebershoff, Assistant to the Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.