Assistant Professor, Educational Psychology (002875-2013)
The Department of Educational Studies at Purdue University invites applications for appointments to a 10 month tenure track position at the level of Assistant Professor in Educational Psychology beginning August 18, 2014. The ideal candidate will have an earned doctorate in educational psychology, the learning sciences, or a related field, and applied interests in the area of classroom environments, teaching quality, and learner development.The successful candidate is expected to:
- Contribute expertise to undergraduate teaching efforts offered by the educational psychology section, particularly the foundational course Creating and Managing Classroom Environments.
- Teach graduate courses in an area of specialization within educational psychology or the learning sciences
- Maintain an active program of research and scholarship in his or her area of specialization
- Pursue external funding to support research and teaching
- Advise and mentor graduate students in the educational psychology program; and
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the department, faculty and staff in Purdue’s teacher education program, and P-12 educators, to enhance strategic efforts in learning, discovery, and engagement.
The College of Education is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement and a successful candidate would be expected to be able to show evidence of being able to integrate this emphasis into at least one of these areas.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin October 31, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, a philosophy of teaching statement, and a statement of professional goals relative to the College of Education strategic plan (http://www.education.purdue.edu/sp/PDFFolders/COESPLAN 2009-2010 Final 09-04-09.pdf), to Dr. Helen Patrick, Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Educational Studies, BRNG, 100 N. University, Purdue University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2098. A background check is required for employment in this position.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.