Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the links listed require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, download the reader for free.
Search and Screen
- How do I obtain additional forms for our faculty search?
To download or print the forms you require, visit the OIE Forms page. You can print the forms at any time - but make sure you add your posting number!
- How do I find out if I need to process my search through the Office of Institutional Equity?
Refer to the Faculty Search and Screen Procedures Manual under ôSearch Process." This manual is a comprehensive guide for conducting a faculty search.
- Who do I contact at OIE for additional faculty search and screen information?
You can call (765) 494-7255 to obtain an answer regarding a search. Marcy Hintzman and Christine Abel will answer your questions, or direct your question to the OIE Director.
- Our department is advertising for an open faculty position, how can I ensure that we follow EEO/AA guidelines?
Always refer to the Faculty Search and Screen Procedures Manual to ensure you are following EEO/AA guidelines. OIE staff are also available to attend search committee meetings to discuss EEO/AA guidelines.
- Where do I find disability related information and resources?
The OIE Disabilities page, contains information on the following: contacts, reasonable accommodations, web accessibility, access, education, Focus Awards, and web sites of interest.
- Who do I contact if I need assistance with access or reasonable accommodations?
If you need to talk to someone regarding a disability, please call Marcy Hintzman, Assistant Director for Compliance and Disability Services, at (765) 494-7253.
- Where do I find information on the Web Accessibility Policy?
The OIE Web Accessibility at Purdue page, contains a link to the Policy, FAQs related to the Policy, resources and contact information.
Equal Access/Equal Opportunity
- When is it necessary to include the University's statements of equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in my department's publications?
ANY publication that has Purdue University on it should have the statement that Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.
- How do I file a complaint of discrimination and/or harassment at Purdue University?