The Office of Engagement serves as the designated point of contact that can help coordinate between Purdue’s diverse and rich resources and assets, to enable a rapid response to economic development opportunities and partnerships with the private sector.
Some Wine Will Do the Trick
It takes more than grapes to open a winery — it takes business savvy.
SBDC, supported by the Purdue Center for Regional Development, assists business growth by aiding in the development of business plans and providing information about accounting, business insurance and general legal issues. They offer one-day classes, as well as an Entrepreneurship Academy focused on the details of business startup and operations.
"The classes removed the fear of the unknown for me, lighting the path that I would eventually travel," Black says.
Prior to his winery, Black had never owned a business. "Starting your own business is pretty scary, unless you have someone on your team who has been down that road before," he says. "From idea to implementation, our SBDC director, Susan Davis, was there to help us."
- Technical Assistance Program
- Private Sector
- Sponsored Program Services
- Office of Technology Commercialization
- Tech Parks
- Purdue Center for Regional Development
- Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne
- Indiana Economic Development Corp
- College of Technology Partnering Solutions
- Purdue Enterprise Company, LLC
- Small Business Development Center