To: Vice Presidents, Vice Provosts, Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, Deans, Directors and Heads of Schools, Divisions, Departments and Offices
From: Rob Wynkoop, managing director, Office of the Executive Vice President for Business and Finance, Treasurer
Date: April 16, 2014
Subject: Purdue’s Printing Services Operations Achievements and Upcoming Advancements
Purdue’s Printing Services Operations Achievements over the past 60 days
As you are aware, Xerox established management of Purdue’s printing services operations on February 3. Since that time, Xerox has helped Purdue achieve the following savings:
- Emergency Preparedness Brochures – savings of $5,840; were $4.21 each, now $3.36 each.
- LTAP Road School Directory – savings of $7,068; were $6,500 each, now $6,000 each.
- Ag Com Making Your Money Work for 36 manuals – savings of $194; were $21.44 each, now $16.04 each.
- Admissions, Search Piece for 130,000 – savings of $1,548; was $17,168.37, now $15,620.65.
To reach optimal University savings, I am asking for your support of the program by directing all printing services requests to the Purdue Print Center. If your request requires the support or involvement of one of our preferred local partners, please indicate that preference during the initial request at the locations listed below. If you are in direct contact with our preferred partners, they will remain involved and in communication with you through the duration of your project.
Please contact either location to request a printing service or speak with a client services representative or go to http://www.purdue.edu/printingservices/.
Location: Room 157, Purdue Memorial Union
7:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday,
7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday;
7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday
Purdue Print Center:
Location: 698 Ahlers Drive
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Upcoming Purdue’s Printing Services Enhancements
Over the next six months, the new Printing Services operation will provide a more enhanced end-user experience through the following:
- Improved Web Portal & Job Submission Interface - Designed to simplify the process of submitting print requests, track the progress of your project, as well as the estimated time of project delivery.
- Enhanced Document Advisory Services – Providing Multi-Media consultation services in order to meet communication guidelines, assist with document design and layout, and ensure that communications pieces are produced and delivered efficiently, cost-effectively and with clarity of message.
- Enhanced Sustainability Advisory Services – Providing advanced Sustainability consultation services for alternative methods of producing materials, which support print suppression initiatives (utilizing digital technologies where applicable versus hard copy print).
- Did you know – The Xerox Enterprise Print Services programs aim to reduce printed volumes by approximately 10% year over year through the utilization of new digital technologies?
- Enhanced Pricing while supporting the Local Community – Providing more competitive pricing for your printing needs, while utilizing locally sourced providers.
Of course, you’ll hear more about these efforts as we near various implementation dates. I ask for your support during this exciting and very busy time in our University’s history and invite you to contact me (Rob Wynkoop) at 494-6221 or email at Wynkoop@purdue.edu should you have questions.
For further information, please contact Printing Services at 494-2006.