Autoclave users can now have the effectiveness of their disinfection process verified. This service (upon request) is provided by REM. Steam autoclaves (250F gravity or 270F pre-vacuum) are tested by using ATI Biological Indicator Kits. These kits consist of a self contained packet that is cycled through the autoclave checking both temperature and sterilization.
- Request an autoclave test by contacting Robert Golden.
- REM delivers the test pack with instructions.
- The test pack is cycled through the autoclave by the on site employee.
- REM picks up the test pack with-in two hours after cycling.
- The pack is opened by REM and the steam temperature indicator results are noted.
- The biological indicator vial is placed in the incubator and checked for growth after 24 and 48 hours.
- Results are sent to the contact person at the location.
- Unsatisfactory results will need to be followed-up by the users. This is done by contacting the Physical Facilities Work Control Center, (765) 494-9999, or by contacting the autoclave service provider.
If you have any questions concerning autoclave testing contact Robert Golden.