Integrated Emergency Management Plan
Purdue University has incorporated its major emergency planning programs into the Integrated Emergency Management Plan (IEMP). The plan considers all phases of emergency management operations in order to minimize the impacts of natural and human caused disasters. The IEMP includes an Emergency Procedures Guide, Emergency Operations Center procedures, a Building Emergency Plan template, our Purdue ALERT process, and additional plans. The IEMP will ensure the University community is well prepared to react to emergencies at the West Lafayette campus.
Purdue University also embraces National Incident Management System (NIMS) concepts, requirements and policies. Moreover, the University's first responders use the Incident Command System. The IEMP blends these concepts and procedures into the plan which will enhance the University's ability to respond and recover from emergency incidents.
The IEMP is a tool. It requires the faculty, staff and students to stay vigilant, embrace the preparedness concepts, and ensure the procedures become part of our daily routine. We must all prepare for the "unexpected" and be ready if disaster strikes our great university.
- Attachment 1: Emergency Support Functions (PDF)
- Attachment 2: 2014 Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Attachment 3: Emergency Procedures Guide
- Attachment 4: Instructions for Completing the Building Emergency Plan (BEP) Template (DOCX)
- Attachment 5: Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Handbook (not posted—maintained in Emergency Preparedness Office)
- Attachment 6: Purdue ALERT Emergency Warning Notification Plan (PDF)
- Attachment 7: At Risk Population Plan (PDF)
- Attachment 8: Mental Health Resource Plan (PDF)
- Attachment 9: Purdue Public Health Response Plan (PDF) Point of Dispensing (POD) Guidelines (PDF)
- Attachment 10: Executive Leadership Policy Group Guide (not posted—maintained in Emergency Preparedness Office)