Resources for Faculty and Teaching Assistants
- Emergency Preparedness Quick Reference Guide (PDF) (DOCX)
- Classroom Safety Resource Materials (including Purdue policy for severe weather warnings and fire alarms)
- Links to information about ongoing emergencies and campus operational status:
On campus emergency - http://www.purdue.edu/ea
- Emergency Prepareedness Safety Briefing Template for course syllabus & first day of class safety briefing
- Take time in class to have students sign up for Purdue-ALERT emergency text messages.
- Let students know that emergency information and updates will be posted on Purdue's Campus Status at http://www.purdue.edu/ea
Additional Classroom Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Checklist for gathering safety information for classrooms and laboratories (PDF)
- Purdue Emergency Procedures Guide -- Online flipbook version. (wall-mount/desktop version availible upon request)
- Quick Reference Guide -- 1-page guide to Purdue-ALERT, Evacuation & Shelter-In-Place Procedures
- Safety videos to show in class:
- "The Coming Storm" The Coming Storm is a movie that dramatizes the aftermath of a campus shooting, weaving within the story the best practices and lessons learned from active shooter incidents that have occurred throughout the United States. View using YouTube [here], view from FBI website (transcript included) [here].
- "Run. Hide. Fight.®" YouTube Video Produced by the City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security through a grant provided by a Department of Homeland Security Grant Funded Project of the Regional Catastrophic Planning Initiative, provides critical options for consideration to survive an active shooter event.
- Purdue YouTube Videos: Campus Safety with Purdue Pete
- New Department of Homeland Security Active Shooter web site…resources and tips on how to prepare for this type of horrific incident…learn more