Links: Secondary Navigation
Project Engineering Group
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary engineering resource on all capital projects.
- Work with project managers for resolution of building engineering issues on projects
- Assist to resolve project problems
- review engineering work of outside architectural/engineering firms
- work with all members of the project team during planning, design and construction
- provide post project consulting
- work with the project manager regarding the scope, schedule and budget for the projects, especially as they relate to the engineering systems
- serve as a member of the team composed of the client, the project manager, the Architectural & Engineering firm, contractors, construction inspectors, contract managers, financial managers, Operations & Maintenance department personnel, and other interested parties.
- Ensure that the engineering systems of projects are executed successfully and are in accordance with the customer's desired results, the University's standards, or an agreed deviation.
- Serve as advocate for the project.