The DRO supports Purdue University's vision of inclusion and excellence and is committed to meeting goals of the "New Synergies" Strategic Plan through the following:
- Provide educational opportunities and incentives for engaging in diversity programs and initiatives for all Purdue employees
- Evaluate and assess diversity programs and activities for their impact on the campus climate
- Review, purchase, and disseminate literature, magazines, videos, and reports about diversity to the University community
- Build relationships with programs, departments, and units within the University and to facilitate achieving their diversity goals
- Maintain expertise in the diversity and social science literature
- Support offices involved in the recruitment and retention of minority students
The DRO is part of the Division of Diversity and Inclusion under the leadership of Dr. G. Christine Taylor, Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion in the Office of the Provost.