Please send comments and suggestions for content to email@example.com.
- Building a Better Delivery System: A New Engineering/Health Care Partnership (2005)
From the National Academy of Engineering and the Institute of Medicine
- The Best Practice: How the New Quality Movement is Transforming Medicine (2008)
By Charles Kenney
Healthcare Information Basics
- Dictionary of Medical Acronyms & Abbreviations
This is available through a Purdue Libraries subscription to StatRef! which also provides access to drug information and disease state resources.
- Medi-lexicon (formerly Pharma-lexicon)
A dictionary of over 200,000 medical, pharmaceutical, biomedical & healthcare acronyms and abbreviations. Plus medical news and searches for the medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare professional.
General Health Resources
- Entrez, the Life Sciences Search Engine
A new cross-searching search page from the National Center for Biomedical Information.
A biomedical literature citations and abstracts from the National Library of Medicine
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association
Health information from the world's largest medical library, the National Library of Medicine.
- National Patient Safety Foundation
Information on improving the safety of patients.
- Other Health-Related Databases
Resources beyond MedlinePlus covering special health topics and collections.
Applying academic research to transform healthcare delivery.
- Cancer Care Engineering
- Center for Health Outcomes Research and Policy (CHORP)
- Center on Poverty and Health Inequities (COPHI)
- Center for Medication Safety Advancement
- Health Informatics and Learning Technologies (HILT)
- Purdue Healthcare Advisors